Join LDA Design
At LDA Design, you’ll find a friendly and supportive environment where you can thrive and a great place to learn. We have one single purpose that has held good for nearly 40 years: to make great places where people belong. Our spirit of adventure drives us and we treat each other with honesty and respect.
Your approach is as important as your skills. We’re eager to hear from people who have the ambition and energy to match ours, and who want to add their expertise to our highly collaborative team.
We offer excellent remuneration, as well as a diverse portfolio of projects and great opportunities for development.
We have the following vacancies:
Leaders wanted for our new Cambridge and Manchester start-ups
With new studios opening in Cambridge and Manchester, we are looking for trailblazers and creatives who reach way beyond the ordinary, and who can help us to grow. We need studio leaders full of ideas and energy to nurture our new teams. The right people will take the DNA of our culture and make it something even more vibrant.
You will benefit from all the excitement of a start-up while drawing on our support and 40years’ experience to help you to succeed. You will belong to a wider team working on some of the most interesting projects in the UK and internationally, for the private and public sector.
Want to know more? Contact Bernie Foulkes on 07720 806377 or Mike Foster 07753 783204 for Manchester and Ashley Dunseath on 07889 167314 or Charles Crawford on 07793 802287 for Cambridge.
We are involved in the country’s most significant infrastructure projects from Transport and Energy to Development and Regeneration. We believe infrastructure should be beautiful and know how to balance national strategic ambitions and the impact these projects have on everyday life. It’s just part of what makes us special.
We are looking for people with a special blend of skills to join our talented teams based across our Peterborough, Oxford and Glasgow studios.
You might be a Landscape Architect or an Environmental Planner but should have a creative outlook with design experience. You’ll be keen to develop your thinking and skills even further, you’ll be working with some of the best after all. As important is your excellent written, presentation and communication skills, you will be writing and providing input to Design and Access Statements and Landscape and Visual Impact Assessments, reports and supporting plans and illustrations. You’ll share our passion for context-led design, ensuring that the right development occurs in the right places.
Ideally, you are Chartered (CMLI) with two-four years’ experience of working in a consultancy with the ability to lead and manage projects. More junior candidates who are embarking on the Pathway to Chartership and applicants from other professional backgrounds will be considered if you can demonstrate you have relevant professional experience and skills.
We are looking for:
- Knowledge of and experience of robustly applying key approaches and methodologies for assessment including LVIA.
- A sound understanding of the UK Planning System.
- Experience of working with clients and in multidisciplinary teams is essential
- Experience and/or a desire to develop project management would be beneficial.
- Experience of using GIS and graphics software. Experience in AutoCad is desirable.
This is a full-time post, however please talk to us if you would like to work flexibly and we will also consider part time applications.
If you would like to discuss these roles before applying, please contact Ian Houlston on 01865 887050 or Ruth Knight on 01733 310471
We are looking for an experienced and talented masterplanner/urban designer as part of the growth of our London studio. This is an excellent opportunity for career progression as it involves working closely with the Director to develop and grow the London team. You will work on large scale and high-profile masterplanning projects and guide the junior team, all with the support of the team director. You will be open, creative and entrepreneurial in your outlook, and you should have approximately 10 years’ experience in the UK, a track record of leading the design process, managing teams effectively, and delivering to deadlines and budgets.
Our Exeter studio is also looking for a talented designer able to demonstrate experience of masterplanning and design at a range of scales, including town centre regeneration, urban extensions and smaller scale residential developments. The number of years you have worked is less important than your creative outlook, an entrepreneurial spirit, an open and inquisitive mindset and a genuine interest in how places change and develop.
You should have:
- Experience of working in private and public sector in a variety of contexts in the UK, including urban regeneration, urban extensions and new settlements
- Experience in urban design and masterplanning at a range of scales with experience of urban housing projects
- Excellent understanding of the UK Planning System and a track record of submitting outline applications
- Excellent graphic design skills with fluency in AUTOCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and 3D Design modelling
- Excellent spoken communication skills
- Experience in project management and job winning skills
- Masters qualification in urban design
If you would like to discuss either of these roles before submitting your application, please contact Mark Williams in our London studio on 0207 467 1470 or Bernie Foulkes or Frazer Osment in Exeter on 01392 260430
Our London, Peterborough and Oxford studios are looking for senior landscape architects to join our creative, multi-disciplinary team. You will have strong conceptual landscape and public realm design skills, excellent presentation and communication style and project leadership ability together with technical experience in detailed design packages and the delivery of projects on site. You will have experience of working with clients, as well as multidisciplinary teams. You must have relevant qualifications and have experience of working in a creative environmental design studio. A good working knowledge of In-Design, Photoshop, AutoCAD and ARCGIS would be an advantage.
It’s an exciting time to join our busy studios, to flex your creative muscles and work with our amazing teams.
If you would like to discuss these roles before submitting your application, please contact Ben Walker in London on 0207 467 1470, Chris Arscott in Peterborough on 01733 310471 or Dafydd Warburton in Oxford on 01865 887050
Our quayside Exeter studio is looking for graduates as committed to creating engaging, interesting and beautiful places, as we are.
You will be:
- Confident and collaborative, with the appetite to grow within a team;
- Exceptional at designing at different scales, from a bespoke park bench to a new urban quarter;
- Excellent visual communicators, whether it is model making, hand sketches or Adobe Creative Suite;
- Knowledgeable of 3-D design using Rhino or similar;
- Good at creating compelling narrative, with excellent written and spoken English.
If you would like to have a chat about this opportunity, please contact Rob Aspland on 01392 260430
We are looking for a Document Controller to join our London studio. This is a new role for us and so an exciting opportunity to help us find new and better ways of doing things. You will excel in document management, naming conventions and Electronic Document Management programmes including Aconex, 4Projects and Conject. You should have excellent knowledge of Excel and AutoCAD (or similar) providing support to the design team in the production and preparation of technical packages.
If you would like to discuss this role, please contact Ben Walker on 020 7467 1470
Our Exeter studio is looking for a Revit/CAD technician to support our lovely team with some incredibly exciting and important projects.
You will have:
- Experience of using AutoCAD in the 2d and 3d environment to required project and company standards & procedures
- Experience of using Revit to work within the requirements of project BIM execution plans and company standards & procedures (BS 1192 and PAS 1192-2)
- Experience of coordinating Revit models in a Common Data Environment, including models from other consultants
- Using Revit to produce layouts, sections and detailing.
- Experience of producing BIM Level 2 models & families in Revit
- Naturally, you’ll take ownership for your own completed drawings and those produced by contractors and/or colleagues for accuracy and compliance to standards.
- Experience of COBie and IFC exchange standards (BS 1192-4) and other 3d model exchange formats
If you have experience of the following, so much the better!
- VisualArq for Rhino
If you would like to discuss this role further, please contact Rob Aspland on 01392 260430
If you are interested in any of the above positions please email your CV, a brief introduction to who you are and why you do what you do, and a portfolio showcasing some of your best work (5MB max) to email@example.com. Please state which role and studio you are applying for.
No recruitment agencies, please. Thank you.
LDA Design is an equal opportunities employer.
We respect your privacy and will protect your personal data. If you are applying for one of the above positions, please read our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information.