Join LDA Design
LDA Design has one single purpose that has held good for nearly 40 years: to make great places where people belong. Our approach is ‘first life, then spaces, then buildings’. We are driven by a spirit of adventure that never leaves us.
We are passionate about our work and you will love our distinctive approach. Join our team and you’ll find a friendly and supportive environment where you can thrive and a great place to learn.
Your approach is as important as your skills. We’re eager to hear from people who have the ambition and energy to match ours, and who want to add their expertise to our highly collaborative team.
We offer excellent remuneration, as well as a diverse portfolio of projects and great opportunities for development.
We have the following vacancies:
Landscape Architects/Environmental Planners – Peterborough and Oxford
We are involved in the country’s most significant infrastructure projects from Transport and Energy to Development and Regeneration. We believe infrastructure should be beautiful and know how to balance national strategic ambitions and the impact these projects have on everyday life. It’s just part of what makes us special.
We are looking for people with a special blend of skills to join our talented teams based across the business.
You might be a Landscape Architect or an Environmental Planner but should have a creative outlook with design experience. You’ll be keen to develop your thinking and skills even further, you’ll be working with some of the best after all. As important is your excellent written, presentation and communication skills, you will be writing and providing input to Design and Access Statements and Landscape and Visual Impact Assessments, reports and supporting plans and illustrations. You’ll share our passion for context-led design, ensuring that the right development occurs in the right places.
Ideally, you are Chartered (CMLI) with two-four years’ experience of working in a consultancy with the ability to lead and manage projects. More junior candidates who are embarking on the Pathway to Chartership and applicants from other professional backgrounds will be considered if you can demonstrate you have relevant professional experience and skills.
We are looking for:
- Knowledge of and experience of robustly applying key approaches and methodologies for assessment including LVIA.
- A sound understanding of the UK Planning System.
- Experience of working with clients and in multidisciplinary teams is essential
- Experience and/or a desire to develop project management would be beneficial.
- Experience of using GIS and graphics software. Experience in AutoCad is desirable.
This is a full-time post, however please talk to us if you would like to work flexibly and we will also consider part time applications.
If you would like to discuss these roles before applying, please contact Ian Houlston on 01865 887050 or Ruth Knight on 01733 310471
Urban Design Consultant – Manchester
We are looking for a talented Urban Designer who shares our passion for design and placemaking to join our new Manchester design studio. You will form part of a growing team within a creative and collaborative environment, contributing to some of the UK’s most exciting development and regeneration projects. You should ideally have 2 – 4 years’ experience of working in a design consultancy and be able to demonstrate experience of masterplanning and design at a range of scales, including town/city centre regeneration, urban extensions and smaller scale residential developments. An architectural background would be an advantage but is not essential.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and creative urban professional to play a key part in the creative direction of a major new urban design and landscape studio in Manchester. We can offer a diverse portfolio of projects and great opportunities for professional and career development within a highly collaborative studio environment.
Key requirements are:
- Passionate about the built environment with a genuine interest in how places change and develop
- An open and inquisitive mindset with the ability to work collaboratively to deliver great design
- Experience of and/or the confidence to liaise with senior members of staff and clients in order to deliver critical critical stages of work on time and within budget
- A qualification in urban design and practical experience within a consultancy environment
- Excellent graphic, written and communication skills
- Self-motivated with the appetite to work both independently and as part of a team
- A full UK driving licence
- A background in architecture or landscape architecture is beneficial but not essential
If you would like to discuss this role before submitting your application, please contact Mark Graham in our Manchester studio on 0161 359 5684.
Urban Designer/Masterplanner/Architect – London and Exeter
We are looking for an experienced and talented masterplanner/urban designer as part of the growth of our London studio. This is an excellent opportunity for career progression as it involves working closely with the Director to develop and grow the London team. You will work on large scale and high-profile masterplanning projects and guide the junior team, all with the support of the team director. You will be open, creative and entrepreneurial in your outlook, and you should have approximately 10 years’ experience in the UK, a track record of leading the design process, managing teams effectively, and delivering to deadlines and budgets.
Our Exeter studio is also looking for a talented designer able to demonstrate experience of masterplanning and design at a range of scales, including town centre regeneration, urban extensions and smaller scale residential developments. The number of years you have worked is less important than your creative outlook, an entrepreneurial spirit, an open and inquisitive mindset and a genuine interest in how places change and develop.
You should have:
- Experience of working in private and public sector in a variety of contexts in the UK, including urban regeneration, urban extensions and new settlements
- Experience in urban design and masterplanning at a range of scales with experience of urban housing projects
- Excellent understanding of the UK Planning System and a track record of submitting outline applications
- Excellent graphic design skills with fluency in AUTOCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and 3D Design modelling
- Excellent spoken communication skills
- Experience in project management and job winning skills
- Masters qualification in urban design
If you would like to discuss either of these roles before submitting your application, please contact Mark Williams in our London studio on 0207 467 1470 or Bernie Foulkes or Frazer Osment in Exeter on 01392 260430
Senior Landscape Architects – Peterborough, Oxford
Our Peterborough and Oxford studios are looking for senior landscape architects to join our creative, multi-disciplinary team. You will have strong conceptual landscape and public realm design skills, excellent presentation and communication style and project leadership ability together with technical experience in detailed design packages and the delivery of projects on site. You will have experience of working with clients, as well as multidisciplinary teams. You must have relevant qualifications and have experience of working in a creative environmental design studio. A good working knowledge of In-Design, Photoshop, AutoCAD and ARCGIS would be an advantage.
It’s an exciting time to join our busy studios, to flex your creative muscles and work with our amazing teams.
If you would like to discuss these roles before submitting your application, please contact Chris Arscott in Peterborough on 01733 310471 or Dafydd Warburton in Oxford on 01865 887050
If you are interested in any of the above positions please email your CV, a brief introduction to who you are and why you do what you do, and a portfolio showcasing some of your best work (5MB max) for the attention of Anne South at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state which role and studio you are applying for and confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.
No recruitment agencies, please. Thank you.
LDA Design is an equal opportunities employer.
We respect your privacy and will protect your personal data. If you are applying for one of the above positions, please read our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information.