Markets & Expertise / Energy and Infrastructure / Energy from Waste
Our experience in EfW projects commenced with the delivery of Cory Environmental’s Riverside EfW facility in south London through the final stages of consent and consultation, following an extensive public inquiry process which also included site masterplanning and detailed design support through the construction tender process. The project involved securing a number of building design changes, resolving servicing and access issues, provision of habitat mitigation and the design of external works.
We were the lead consultant, masterplanner and EIA coordinator for the first validated DCO and approved NSIP project, Rookery South Resource Recovery Facility for Covanta Energy.
We have also supported a number of waste contract submissions including site feasibility studies and masterplan and design concepts for EfW facilities.
Our expertise includes:
- Siting and feasibility studies including initial assessment of development risk and opportunity
- Strategic project and DCO advice and coordination
- Creative project leadership and management
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) coordination
- Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment (LVIA)
- Landscape architecture
- Ecological design and impact assessment
- Cultural heritage impact assessment
- Amenity and recreation strategy and impact assessment
- Community and stakeholder engagement
- Examination support and expert witness
Alister is Board Director specialising in large, multidisciplinary projects and development in sensitive contexts. He leads Energy and Infrastructure teams with expertise in nuclear, wave and tidal, EfW and port sectors. He also leads Development and Regeneration teams with particular experience in university and mixed use development. He is responsible for LDA Design’s professional services with particular emphasis on EIA and Contextual Planning and Assessment. Alister is a landscape architect and masterplanner with significant experience in project leadership including DCO projects. Alister is also an experienced Expert Witness.