Services / Ecology & Biodiversity
Through our long-standing partnership with BSG Ecology LLP we provide a comprehensive service from initial appraisal through baseline survey to post construction monitoring.
We have a proven record of successfully tackling complex ecological issues on a wide range of projects. Scientific rigour, sound defensible advice, pragmatism, clarity of thought and commercial awareness underpin our approach. We focus on building positive professional relationships and have numerous long-term clients.
We believe that relevant and effective consultancy advice needs to have wildlife legislation and policy as its basis. This allows our clients to clearly understand the merits of their options, and to better assess their next steps.
The services we offer include:
- Surveys of the major biotic groups across all terrestrial, freshwater and coastal environments. These include, habitat and botanical survey, bird survey, amphibian and reptiles survey, bat and other mammal survey and terrestrial and freshwater invertebrate survey.
- Survey, advice and licensing for legally protected species with particular expertise in bats and great crested newts.
- Ecological Impact Assessment (EIA) in line with best practice guidance from CIEEM
- Habitats Regulation Assessment (HRA) including screening and stage 2 Appropriate Assessment reports.
- Expert Witness
- BREEAM and Code for Sustainable Homes Assessment
- Biodiversity Design
- Ecology Management planning
- Ecological site support during construction
- Monitoring Services
Peter is an ecologist with over 25 years’ professional project experience embracing biodiversity survey, planning, design, construction, monitoring, research and training. He has a recognised specialism in licensing and advice on protected species and has appeared as an expert witness on a number of occasions. He is very experienced in Ecological Impact and Habitat Regulations Assessment and habitat creation design and management planning with considerable experience within, urban regeneration and development, parks, green infrastructure, master planning and renewable energy.
Alister is Board Director specialising in large, multidisciplinary projects and development in sensitive contexts. He leads Energy and Infrastructure teams with expertise in nuclear, wave and tidal, EfW and port sectors. He also leads Development and Regeneration teams with particular experience in university and mixed use development. He is responsible for LDA Design’s professional services with particular emphasis on EIA and Contextual Planning and Assessment. Alister is a landscape architect and masterplanner with significant experience in project leadership including DCO projects. Alister is also an experienced Expert Witness.
Philip has over 28 years’ experience as a landscape architect and environmental planner, specialising in the planning, design and delivery of energy and infrastructure projects, particularly grid and energy storage, onshore wind, solar energy, nuclear energy and minerals, as well as private and public sector housing and mixed use developments. He jointly leads our ecology and biodiversity team. He brings a creative, collaborative and rigorous approach to all his work. He is an experienced expert witness at public inquiries and hearings.