Bathside Bay Harwich and Port of Felixstowe
LDA Design was appointed to provide assessment, design advice and expert witness services under two separate commissions by Hutchison Ports (UK) Ltd on behalf of Harwich International Port. The first commission assessed the proposed deep-sea container port at Bathside Bay, Harwich including reclamation of the bay, construction of a new quay wall and infilling with dredged material, and the second assessed the Felixstowe South Reconfiguration project involved a new quay, reclamation and reconfiguration for a deep water container facility.
The Harwich scheme went on to receive a Landscape Institute 75th Anniversary Award. The Felixstowe project has since been constructed.
Hutchinson Ports (Uk) Ltd
Harwich And Felixstowe
160ha and 100ha
2006 – 2010
- Landscape Design
- Contextual Planning & Assessment
- Landscape & Visual Impact Assessment (LVIA)
- Seascape & Landscape Visual Impact Assessment (SLVIA)
- Townscape Visual Impact Assessment (TVIA) & Tall Building Studies
- Character assessment and appraisal, including seascape, landscape & historic character
- Historic Environment Impact Assessment & Setting Studies
- Amenity & Recreation Assessment, including rights of way advice