LDA Design was appointed to support Royal Haskoning in developing and building a Flood Risk Management Scheme for Steeple Bumpstead located close to the Cambridgeshire/Essex border.
We provided landscape design input to the masterplan and finish details to the scheme; coordinated the inputs from a variety of other disciplines on the project team, including ecology, heritage, highways, community engagement; and, cooperated with the engineers to deliver a scheme that would protect Steeple Bumpstead from a 1 in 25 year flood event.
Following submission of the proposed Flood Risk Management Scheme to Braintree District Council consent was received in November 2011 and the scheme is now built.
Steeple Bumpstead, Essex
Royal Haskoning DHV, Essex County Council
Circa £2 million
- Landscape Design
- Development Consenting - Planning strategy
- Development Consenting - Planning-led project leadership & coordination
- Development Consenting - Development Consent Order applications
- Development Consenting - Section 36 applications
- Expert witness - Legal challenges
- Post-Consent Delivery - Planning Management
- Contextual Planning & Assessment
- Expert witness - Contextual Planning & Assessment
- Landscape & Visual Impact Assessment (LVIA)
- Seascape & Landscape Visual Impact Assessment (SLVIA)
- Character assessment and appraisal, including seascape, landscape & historic character
- Historic Environment Impact Assessment & Setting Studies
- Amenity & Recreation Assessment, including rights of way advice
- Strategic Environmental Planning
- Community & stakeholder engagement, consultation & communication