A great offer
“The arrival of a child is a special moment. LDA Design’s paternity leave, at parity with maternity, allowed me to do so much more to help and support. It allowed time… time to spend with our new born and time to savour this wonderful and happy occasion as a family together.”
Ben Croot, Associate, and recent father
LDA Design is a people first business. This means when it comes to our projects, we start by finding out the wants and needs of local people.
It’s also how we go about structuring our own business. We want everyone who works here to love it and feel valued, and to live life in the round. Last year, we became 100% employee owned. For us, employee ownership is the ultimate expression of our faith in each other. It means we all have a say in how the business is managed and share the responsibility for its success.
Growing with us
At LDA Design, support comes in many different forms. We foster creativity. Our ‘one business’ culture across our eight studios allows us to share the work and the learning from it. This makes for an exciting, rewarding place to be.
In terms of career development, everyone is helped to shine in their chosen area of expertise. We support progress to professional qualifications, including ‘Pathway to Chartership’ with costs covered for attendance on an LI approved course. We pay for a professional subscription for every employee, and we run a lively, informative programme of CPD events throughout the year. Everyone has an individual development programme with one-to-one mentoring, designed to challenge and encourage.
A career with benefits
At LDA Design, our strong benefits package has been developed to help us bring our best, most courageous selves to work every day. This package includes:
• Flexible working for a balanced work/home life
• Profit share: As an employee-owned business, we share our profits in order to reward the collective effort of the entire team over the preceding year. Everyone shares equally
• Private Health Insurance: Opt in for private health insurance for fast access to the healthcare you need and an incentivised programme to help you become healthier
• Employee Assistance Programme: A 24-7 pillar of support providing confidential advice and counselling if needed, along with many other benefits
• Enhanced maternity and paternity package: Shared parental leave means we can help families to grow with us
• Pensions: To help plan for a financially secure future, we make a larger contribution to auto-enrolled pension schemes than the government standard, which is set at 3%
• EO Day: We all get together at least once a year to share insight and celebrate employee ownership, to eat, dance and make merry
• Holiday allowance: We offer up to 29 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays)
• Sabbatical: With enough notice, a sabbatical can be arranged (it just needs to fit in with the workload of the wider business)
• Employee referral: If you know someone great who would like to work here – and if we think they’re great too – then you could be in line for a £1,000 recruitment referral payment
• Free eye tests + £50 towards new glasses, if needed for screen work
• Cycle to work scheme
• Season ticket loans
• Generous sick pay to help get you back on your feet
• Volunteer day: One paid day a year to help the organisation of your choice.