CSER: Our promise and plan for people and planet
We are a values-led collective united around a common purpose to make great places and shape the world around us for the better, tackling the big challenges of the day and bringing special insight by leading with the landscape.
LDA Design’s Corporate, Social and Environmental Responsibility Policy sets out our responsibilities to every employee owner and the clients and communities we work with, as well as the ways in which we are becoming the business we want to be. It is aligned to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals and to our Charter.
How we do business: We want to lead the transition to a zero-carbon, wellbeing economy that balances people, planet and profit. We will do this by …
- Reducing our environmental impact in our studios and across the services that we offer
- Reducing carbon in the embodied, operational and in-use phases of our designs. Our own operations will be carbon neutral by 2025, and net zero in the longer term.
- Responsible and sustainable procurement and waste disposal, which considers the environmental and social impacts of the manufacture and lifecycle of the products we use and of waste, working to reduce the quantity of waste we generate as a business.
- Campaigning for change, challenging the status quo and speaking up on the issues that matter most to us, and ensuring our own culture reflects our Charter.
How we engage with communities: We are generous with our time and expertise in supporting the communities in which we live and work, adding social value and improving health and wellbeing.
- A distinctive approach: We are a values-led collective united around a common purpose to make great places and shape the world around us for the better, tackling the big challenges of the day and bringing special insight by leading with the landscape.
- We give back through generous professional support of organisations, communities and individuals who share our values and purpose.
- Volunteering to support local causes is important to us.
- Education: We are committed to making our professions more diverse and inclusive and to training that furthers our knowledge and skills in sustainable development.
We are generous with our time and expertise in supporting the communities in which we live and work, adding social value and improving health and wellbeing.
How we work together: We want every employee owner to benefit in the fullest way from being part of LDA Design, by unlocking career potential, building a sense of shared responsibility and creating opportunities to be involved at every level.
- Employee Ownership means we all have a say in how the business is run and take responsibility for, and benefit from, its success.
- A meaningful working life is at the heart of who we are. We want employee owners to feel empowered to bring their best and to lead, to enjoy every day and to know that their work has a positive impact. Our ‘One Business’ culture seeks to foster trust, empathy, creativity and cross-pollination of ideas. It makes us stronger, more agile and resilient.
- The health and wellbeing of all of our employee owners is of paramount importance. We will ensure our culture supports good mental health and physical wellbeing.
- Equality of opportunity and inclusivity are core values. Our people processes are designed to be fair and transparent, and our leadership teams well balanced and representative.
- Commitment to fair rewards. All employee owners are rewarded in a fair and transparent way, in line with our Charter and policies.
- A place to learn and grow: We are committed to nurturing talents through mentoring and development plans to support ingenuity, creativity and ambitions.
Planning and reporting
A delivery plan ensures we stay committed to our CSER policy objectives and share progress. It helps us to identify areas where we can improve and future goals. All employee owners are responsible for playing their part in achieving its objectives.
Top image: Volunteer day at Meath Gardens in east London