We’re growing, and you’ll grow with us. Bring your spirit of adventure. Ours never leaves us.
We have one single purpose that has held good for nearly 40 years: to make great places where people belong.
Join us now and you’ll be arriving at an incredibly exciting time as we move towards Employee Ownership. What you will find is a friendly and supportive team shaped by our values, where you can thrive.
We work as one team from eight offices dotted around the UK, in London, Bristol, Cambridge, Exeter, Glasgow, Manchester, Oxford and Peterborough. Each office has its own personality formed by the people and place. All are great spaces within which to learn and develop.
Your approach is as important as your skills. We’re eager to hear from people who have the ambition and energy to match ours, and who want to add their expertise to our highly collaborative team.
We offer excellent remuneration, but know there’s more to a great place to work than the salary. We take a flexible approach to our working day and around 20 per cent of our team enjoy flexible contracts with us.
Our people make us special and we work hard to ensure they know this, whether that’s supporting our graduates with their professional qualifications, offering sabbaticals to those who want to explore the world or offering generous benefits to our new parents – our maternity, paternity and shared parental leave all provide the same company pay.
Interested? Then find out more. We have the following vacancies:
We are involved in the UK’s most significant and exciting development projects, ranging from nationally significant transport and renewable energy infrastructure to new settlements and urban regeneration.
We are looking for people with a special blend of skills to join our talented and motivated team.
You will be a landscape architect or have a background in an associated environmental discipline, and be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills and creative flair. You’ll be keen to develop in both technical and professional areas, and we will support you in this endeavour.
You will be authoring and providing input to a range of studies, assessments, technical documents as well as promotional material. You’ll share our passion for context-led design and will be expected to apply your understanding of a range of social and environmental drivers to achieving well planned and designed developments at all scales – from new public realm to nationally significant infrastructure.
Ideally, you will have two to four years’ experience of working in a consultancy, but more junior candidates are welcomed if you can demonstrate you have relevant professional experience and skills.
We are looking for:
- Experience of landscape/environmental planning work including LVIA
- Experience of working with clients and in multidisciplinary teams
- Experience of managing projects or a desire to develop the necessary skills
- Experience of using GIS, graphics software and/or AutoCAD is desirable
This is a full-time post, however please talk to us if you would like to work flexibly and we will also consider part time applications.
If you would like to discuss this role before applying, please contact Ruth Knight on 01733 310471 or Ian Houlston on 01865 887050. Otherwise send a CV, portfolio and an example of a report/LVIA you have authored to Anne South at email@example.com
LDA Design is looking to grow our Urban Design and Masterplanning business. It is an exciting time as we open new offices and transition towards Employee Ownership.
The Urban Design and Masterplanning lead provides an exceptional opportunity to shape and grow our business, both nationally and regionally, with the support of an established team of urban designers, landscape architects, planners and architects – all at the top of their game.
LDA Design in Exeter has an enviable track record of some of the UK’s most exciting development and regeneration projects. Our very extensive portfolio ranges from an innovative 20-year vision for Exeter and a Big Town Plan for Shrewsbury, to advice on the delivery of 6,000-home Welborne village and a masterplan for Ramenki in Moscow.
You should have experience of working in a design practice, and be able to demonstrate experience of masterplanning at a range of scales, including town centre regeneration, urban extensions and smaller scale residential developments. You will share our passion for creating great places and importantly believe in our people-first, landscape-led approach to masterplanning.
The number of years you have worked is less important to us than a natural ability to network and an entrepreneurial outlook. We also want someone to nurture and champion our people, culture and values, in particular our inclusive and collaborative approach.
Key requirements are:
- Business development and job winning skills with particular focus on growing our business in the private sector Development and Regeneration market
- Existing client networks, both regionally and nationally would be idea
- An aspiration to work at the highest quality, fitting to the calibre of our portfolio
- Experience of working in private and/or public sector on masterplanning and urban design projects
- A desire to work in an inquisitive, open and collaborative way
- Qualification in urban design, landscape architecture or architecture. An architectural background would be beneficial but is not essential
- A full UK driving licence
We can offer a diverse portfolio of projects and great opportunities for professional development within a fantastic waterfront studio on Exeter Quay.
If you would like to discuss this role before applying, please contact Sophie Thompson on 01392 260430.
Our Oxford studio has vacancies for two creative designers with strong communication skills and a proven track record in the successful delivery of high quality landscape and public realm projects. For the right candidate we would also consider our Bristol studio as a potential location.
The continuing demand for our services means we have fantastic professional opportunities for landscape designers with 7+ years’ experience, who have ambition to match ours and want to contribute their expertise to our highly collaborative and creative team. We offer excellent remuneration, generous company benefits including flexible working as well as exciting career potential.
We are looking for individuals with strong conceptual landscape and public realm design skills, excellent verbal and visual communication skills, technical experience in detailed design packages through to delivery of projects on site, and experience of working with clients and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
We can offer you a fantastic portfolio of projects working within a creative and friendly studio environment with great career and professional development opportunities.
If you would like to discuss the role before applying, please contact Justine Leach or Dafydd Warburton on 01865 887050.
We are looking for graduates who are committed to the creation of engaging, interesting and beautiful places. Your approach interests us as much as your skills.
You will have the following attributes:
- Confident and collaborative, with the appetite to grow within a team;
- Exceptional at designing at different scales, from a bespoke park bench to a new urban quarter;
- Excellent visual communication skills, whether model making, hand sketches or Adobe Creative Suite;
- A knowledge and understanding of 3-D design using Rhino or similar;
- Good at creating compelling narrative, with excellent written and spoken English.
You would join a highly successful team including people with a diversity of creative backgrounds. We can offer a diverse portfolio of projects and great opportunities for professional and career development within highly collaborative studio environments.
If you would like to discuss these roles before applying, please contact Sophie Thompson on 01392 260430 or Justine Leach in Oxford on 01865 887050.
Our London studio is looking for a technical designer proficient in the creation, management and assembly of detailed packages of works from RIBA 3 onwards.
You should have:
- Full competency of relevant drawing methods and construction techniques;
- Experience of value engineering whilst maintaining exemplary design standards;
- Works on site either as a contract administrator or as a client representative;
- Expert user of AutoCAD and/or Revit;
- Expert user of NBS Specification and/or the writing of detailed specifications of works;
- Experience of working alongside QS teams to achieve target cost plans;
- Experience of working with teams to produce complicated technical detail packages;
- Full delivery from tender to completion including defects liability period.
If you would like to discuss this role before applying, please contact our London studio on 0207 467 147.
If you are interested in any of the above positions, please email your CV, a brief introduction to who you are and why you do what you do, and a portfolio showcasing some of your best work (5MB max) for the attention of Anne South at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state which role and studio you are applying for and confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.
No recruitment agencies, please. Thank you.
LDA Design is an equal opportunities employer. We are ISO 9001 / ISO 14001 accredited.
We respect your privacy and will protect your personal data. If you are applying for one of the above positions, please read our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information.