We’re growing, and you’ll grow with us. Bring your spirit of adventure. Ours never leaves us.
We have one single purpose that has held good for nearly 40 years: to make great places where people belong.
Join us now and you’ll be arriving at an incredibly exciting time as we move towards Employee Ownership. What you will find is a friendly and supportive team shaped by our values, where you can thrive.
We work as one team from eight offices dotted around the UK, in London, Bristol, Cambridge, Exeter, Glasgow, Manchester, Oxford and Peterborough. Each office has its own personality formed by the people and place. All are great spaces within which to learn and develop.
Your approach is as important as your skills. We’re eager to hear from people who have the ambition and energy to match ours, and who want to add their expertise to our highly collaborative team.
We offer excellent remuneration, but know there’s more to a great place to work than the salary. We take a flexible approach to our working day and around 20 per cent of our team enjoy flexible contracts with us.
Our people make us special and we work hard to ensure they know this, whether that’s supporting our graduates with their professional qualifications, offering sabbaticals to those who want to explore the world or offering generous benefits to our new parents – our maternity, paternity and shared parental leave all provide the same company pay.
Interested? Then find out more. We have the following vacancies:
We are looking for a Trust Chair to lead our Employee Ownership Trust (EOT), who will oversee the strategy devised by our leadership team. The EOT will scrutinise decisions so that they represent the best interests of LDA Design’s employee owners.
The right person will share our passion to shape the world around us for the better. They will need to be a skilled communicator who excels at chairing lively, productive meetings, with a track record of leadership and governance, developing businesses for the better and an appreciation of what employee ownership means for a workplace.
Executive recruitment agency, Inclusive Boards, who specialise in diversity and inclusion at governance level, are managing the recruitment on our behalf.
If you are interested in wanting to help LDA Design to create fairer, healthier and more social and sustainable places, download a candidate pack. This a paid position, which will take between 11-15 days a year.
LDA Design is looking to grow our Urban Design and Masterplanning business. It is an exciting time as we open new offices and transition towards Employee Ownership.
The Urban Design and Masterplanning lead provides an exceptional opportunity to shape and grow our business, both nationally and regionally, with the support of an established team of urban designers, landscape architects, planners and architects – all at the top of their game.
LDA Design in Exeter has an enviable track record of some of the UK’s most exciting development and regeneration projects. Our very extensive portfolio ranges from an innovative 20-year vision for Exeter and a Big Town Plan for Shrewsbury, to advice on the delivery of 6,000-home Welborne village and a masterplan for Ramenki in Moscow.
You should have experience of working in a design practice, and be able to demonstrate experience of masterplanning at a range of scales, including town centre regeneration, urban extensions and smaller scale residential developments. You will share our passion for creating great places and importantly believe in our people-first, landscape-led approach to masterplanning.
The number of years you have worked is less important to us than a natural ability to network and an entrepreneurial outlook. We also want someone to nurture and champion our people, culture and values, in particular our inclusive and collaborative approach.
Key requirements are:
- Business development and job winning skills with particular focus on growing our business in the private sector Development and Regeneration market
- Existing client networks, both regionally and nationally would be idea
- An aspiration to work at the highest quality, fitting to the calibre of our portfolio
- Experience of working in private and/or public sector on masterplanning and urban design projects
- A desire to work in an inquisitive, open and collaborative way
- Qualification in urban design, landscape architecture or architecture. An architectural background would be beneficial but is not essential
- A full UK driving licence
We can offer a diverse portfolio of projects and great opportunities for professional development within a fantastic waterfront studio on Exeter Quay.
If you would like to discuss this role before applying, please contact Sophie Thompson on 01392 260430.
We are looking for talented landscape architects to join us. Are you curious about the world? Do you see yourself as an agent of change? Your approach interests us as much as your skills.
The growing demand for our services means we have fantastic professional opportunities for landscape designers, with approximately 7+ years’ experience, who have ambition to match ours and want to bring their expertise, energy and enthusiasm to our highly collaborative and creative team. We offer excellent remuneration, as well as exciting career potential.
We are looking for someone with strong conceptual landscape and public realm design skills, excellent presentation and communication ability, technical experience in detailed design packages and the construction process, good interpersonal skills, and experience of working with clients as well as multidisciplinary teams. You must have relevant qualifications and have experience of working in an environmental design studio.
If you are excited by this opportunity and would like to discuss before applying, please contact Ben Walker on 020 7467 1470.
Our London studio is looking for a technical designer proficient in the creation, management and assembly of detailed packages of works from RIBA 3 onwards.
You should have:
- Full competency of relevant drawing methods and construction techniques;
- Experience of value engineering whilst maintaining exemplary design standards;
- Works on site either as a contract administrator or as a client representative;
- Expert user of AutoCAD and/or Revit;
- Expert user of NBS Specification and/or the writing of detailed specifications of works;
- Experience of working alongside QS teams to achieve target cost plans;
- Experience of working with teams to produce complicated technical detail packages;
- Full delivery from tender to completion including defects liability period.
If you would like to discuss this role before applying, please contact our London studio on 0207 467 147.
We are involved in the UK’s most significant and exciting development projects, ranging from nationally significant transport and renewable energy infrastructure to new settlements and urban regeneration.
We are looking for people with a special blend of skills to join our talented and motivated team.
You will be a landscape architect or have a background in an associated environmental discipline, and be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills and creative flair. You’ll be keen to develop in both technical and professional areas, and we will support you in this endeavour.
You will be authoring and providing input to a range of studies, assessments, technical documents as well as promotional material. You’ll share our passion for context-led design and will be expected to apply your understanding of a range of social and environmental drivers to achieving well planned and designed developments at all scales – from new public realm to nationally significant infrastructure.
Ideally, you will have two to four years’ experience of working in a consultancy, but more junior candidates are welcomed if you can demonstrate you have relevant professional experience and skills.
We are looking for:
- Experience of landscape/environmental planning work including LVIA
- Experience of working with clients and in multidisciplinary teams
- Experience of managing projects or a desire to develop the necessary skills
- Experience of using GIS, graphics software and/or AutoCAD is desirable
This is a full-time post, however please talk to us if you would like to work flexibly and we will also consider part time applications.
If you would like to discuss this role before applying, please contact Ruth Knight on 01733 310471 or Ian Houlston on 01865 887050. Otherwise send a CV, portfolio and an example of a report/LVIA you have authored to Anne South at email@example.com
We are looking for a talented landscape architect to join our team in the Peterborough Studio. We have a vacancy for a designer at graduate level or with up to three years’ experience who is committed to collaborative working and has the desire to make a difference.
We work as one team from eight studios dotted around the UK. The Peterborough studio is located within the Cathedral precincts – a stunning environment that rivals any of the great Cathedral cities. Whilst heritage sits at the core of Peterborough’s identity, as one of the country’s fastest growing cities set in the heart of rural east England, Peterborough is building on its credentials as an Environment Capital to ensure it is a city fit for the future.
Your approach is as important as your skills. We’re eager to hear from people who have creative ambition and are keen to shape our studio culture, particularly as we move towards Employee Ownership.
Key requirements are:
- Passionate about the built environment with a genuine interest in how places change and develop;
- A flair for design, alongside technical robustness;
- Enthusiasm for collaborative working which requires confidence and good communication skills;
- Exceptional at designing at different scales, from a bespoke park bench to a new urban quarter;
- A qualification in landscape architecture and practical experience within a consultancy environment;
- Excellent graphic communication skills with an ability to produce illustrated renders;
- Demonstrated ability in Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD and 3-D design packages (with a preference for Rhino and Revit);
- Desire to progress to managing projects independently;
- Interest in planting design;
- Full UK Driving licence.
You would join a successful, supportive team in Peterborough with people from a diverse creative backgrounds. We offer a varied portfolio of projects and great opportunities for professional and career development.
If you are interested in any of the above positions, please email your CV, a brief introduction to who you are and why you do what you do, and a portfolio showcasing some of your best work (5MB max) for the attention of Anne South at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state which role and studio you are applying for and confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.
No recruitment agencies, please. Thank you.
LDA Design is an equal opportunities employer. We are ISO 9001 / ISO 14001 accredited.
We respect your privacy and will protect your personal data. If you are applying for one of the above positions, please read our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information.